Skype, Whatsapp, IMO, Viber, ooVoo, Google Hangouts, FaceTime bla bla bla are all instant messaging apps/platforms that provide online text message and video chat services. Other features include sharing of documents(images, videos, text etc)
For the newbies, Skype in summary is an instant messaging platform that supports VoIP, online video calling, mobile chat and a whole lot more for free.
With Skype, you can stay in touch with friends and family via group video calls, Skype to Skype calls, offline calling, share files, chat and translate and a whole lot more.
So, if you are reading this post, it’s either you have forgotten the username of your Skype account or you just wanna learn something new. It could literally surprise some people how on earth someone could forget his/her Skype username.
But the truth is, it’s very possible.
A Skype username is different from your real name. Your Skype name is your unique identity which others can use to add you to their contact list. Your real name could be Frank Justine Philip while the username is justfrank.
Most Skype users can conveniently find their username in their Skype profile while might others only see their email address only.
Below, you will find out 3 easy ways to find your real Skype username on mobile, android and iPads.
Method 1 | How To Know Your Skype Username
If you have probably forgotten your Skype username for any reason, using this method/steps will help you to know your username within seconds.
You don’t need a PC to know your Skype username, just your smartphone and the Skype app installed.
- Launch the Skype app on your smartphone and wait for it to open.
- Click on the options icon at the top left to view your Skype profile.
- You should now see your profile picture, email, your status message(Mood) etc.
- Now click on Skype Credit. Don’t worry, you aren’t gonna buy any Skype credit unless you want to.
- On the next page, select Buy credit.
- You should now see $10.00, $25.00 etc. Select any and tap on Continue.
- Voila! You should now find your username at the top of the page.
- You can then click the Cancel button to return back to your profile, share your Skype username or do whatever you wish with it.
- For iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, you can find your Skype username by clicking on My info tab.
Method 2 | How To Know Your Skype Username
The second method is very straight forward. Some people might not want to do it due to some reasons, it’s very important and easy. If you have friends already on Skype before you forgot your username, then you are good to go.
The second method is as easy as ABC.
- In a polite manner, ask any of your friends to open his/her chat with you, click on your name (It isn’t your username) at the top, then your full profile including your Skype username will be visible to your friend. It’s tagged Skype Name.
- Your friend will now tell you your forgotten Skype username.
- It’s as simple as that.
Method 3 | How To Know Your Skype Username
The last method to figure out your Skype username is via a PC.
- If you have Skype installed on your Windows PC, launch Skype, click on your name at the top left of Skype.
- You should now find your username displayed under your name.
You can also use the web to sign in so as to get your username.
- Open web.skype.com on your PC.
- To sign in, enter your email address or the phone number registered on Skype and then click Next.
- Enter your Skype password and click Sign in.
- Click on your profile at the top left.
- Your Skype username will be found under your real name.
Share and also drop your comments.