If you already have a Nokia Lumia device or about to purchase one, it’s pretty cool. One thing I love about some Microsoft Nokia Lumia devices/Windows Phones is their AMOLED screen, very good camera(Carl Zeiss Optics), battery life and generally, the simplicity of the OS.
One of those annoying message you get on your Lumia phone when it’s locked is probably to try again in some hours. If your Lumia is locked due to incorrect password attempts and it says, try again in 28000 minutes(about 19 days), then you desperately need this life saving tutorial.
In this post, I am going to share with you two of the easiest ways to reset your Microsoft Nokia Lumia device to it’s factory defaults in case you forget your password or you have been locked out due to too many attempts. Whether it’s your phone, a customer’s own or that of a friend, the tutorial below will benefit Nokia Lumia owners as well as the general public.
Who knows, you might need it someday!
To add to this, Nokia Lumia devices aren’t the only Windows Phones available. There are others manufactured by other OEMs, e.g HTC.
The Nokia Lumia is a wide range of Nokia Smartphones running the Microsoft Windows Phone OS. Microsoft Nokia Lumia devices are always great phones and come in different lovely colors.
After going through this tutorial, you should practically know how to hard reset:
- Nokia Lumia 1520
- Nokia Lumia 1320
- Nokia Lumia 1020
- Nokia Lumia 650
- Nokia Lumia 625
- Nokia Lumia 920
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Nokia Lumia 928
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Nokia Lumia 800
- Nokia Lumia 720
- Nokia Lumia 710
- Nokia Lumia 620
- Nokia Lumia 535
- Nokia Lumia 530
- Nokia Lumia 532
- Nokia Lumia 520
- Nokia Lumia 543
and some other cool Windows Mobile devices. The different methods to reset your Nokia Lumia Windows Mobile phones can be applied to a good number of other Windows Mobile devices effectively. If the method works on your device, you can tell us via the comments box and vice versa.
Like resetting most Android devices using Volume Up/Volume Down + Power button, Lumia/Microsoft devices can equally be reset via button combinations. To remove wrong password or factory reset your Lumia/Microsoft device, follow any of the steps outlined below.
Factory resetting your device via any of the methods below will remove all of the user data on the device. You might also be asked to put your Microsoft account to protect against FRP/Anti-Theft. Always have a cloud(One drive) or PC backup of your important stuffs before hard resetting your Windows Mobile phone.
Nokia Lumia Microsoft Password Hard Reset Guide
How To Reset Password On Microsoft Nokia Lumia Devices
The first method is one of the most popular. Although most people aren’t aware of it. To reset your Windows Mobile phone, e.g Nokia Lumia 520 after wrongly entering your password too many times, follow the steps below.
- Turn off your Windows Mobile Phone e.g, Nokia 520 by pressing the power button for some seconds and then sliding/dragging your finger downwards.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock button (mostly at the middle) and the Volume Down or Power/Lock button + Volume Down + Camera button.
- You should now see a big exclamation mark (!) on the screen.
- Don’t panic, it’s just a normal warning sign.
- Press/Tap the following buttons one after another. Don’t be too slow or too fast. Press/Hit Volume Up(+) Volume Down(-) Power/Lock button and then Volume Down(-) again.
- The exclamation mark will now disappear. You will then see two moving/rolling gears and another line/progress bar below it.
- If you get a low battery notification, then your guess is as good as mine. Please plug your device to a good charger.
- At this stage, you have to wait until the factory reset process is complete. Do not remove the phone’s battery or disturb it while it’s doing the wipe.
- As soon as all is done, your Nokia Lumia/Windows phone will let you know in its usual friendly way. You can then setup the phone as you wish.
- Another area where you will need to wait a while or two is when the phone is preparing/installing your default apps.
- After everything, you will now have full access to your Nokia Lumia/Windows mobile smartphone.
How To Reset Password On Microsoft Nokia Lumia Devices
Method 2 might come in handy for those who find it difficult to use the Volume Down/Up, Camera and Power button combos to reset their Windows Mobile device.
Method two is very easy and would only need you to have access to a computer/laptop or your charger. You don’t need anything else, just your locked Lumia device and a computer system/USB charger.
Always charge your device before proceeding with the factory reset.
If all is set, follow the simple steps below to remove password/factory reset your Windows Mobile device.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Get a good USB cable and connect one end to the USB port on your PC(Your PC should not be off or sleeping). You can also use your charger.
- While pressing the Volume Down(-) button, connect the other end of the USB cable or charger to your Nokia Lumia device.
- You should now see an exclamation mark on the screen like in the image below/above.
- Now, press/tap the following buttons one after another without too much delay. First of all, hit the Volume Up, Volume Down, Power/Lock and back to the Volume Down button.
- You will now see two gear icons rolling on the screen. This shows that your Lumia device is resetting to its factory default settings.
- After all is done, you will be asked to setup your device as a new one and might also ask for your Microsoft account to prevent theft.
- After setting up, wait for the device to install/prepare all the necessary apps and features that are pre-installed.
If you followed any of the procedures above, you should be able to reset your Microsoft Nokia Lumia and remove passwords.
If you couldn’t reset your Nokia/Windows Moble device via the methods above or you got stuck on the gear/exclamation, kindly let us know via the comments box and we would assist you to successfully hard reset your Lumia/Windows phone.