The Motorola Droid Razr M is one of those great smartphones from Motorola[now Lenovo]. The device packs great specs which include a super brilliant AMOLED display[I love it] which pours out saturated colors, currently runs on Android Kitkat 4.4.2, a very fast snapdragon S4 plus processor paired with 1GB of RAM, supports 4G LTE, expandable storage, 2000mAh battery, and a slim design are some of its main specs.
Like every other Android smartphone, there is always sometimes when you might get a boot loop which means the phone keeps restarting or just hangs on the logo[kind of freeze]. Sometimes trying to play around with the OS can cause a boot loop.
So if your Motorola XT907 also known as Motorola Razr M is soft bricked or in a boot loop, stuck on the red eye, stuck on fastboot, hangs, restarts without measure, virus infected, ultra slow in which factory resetting it couldn’t help or you just want to reload/upgrade the firmware, then you are in the right place for a perfect solution to the issues aforementioned.
You can also use this to fix fastboot error issues whereby the Moto Razr M boots into fastboot mode automatically due to a previous flashing error.
- Your device will return to its factory state.
- You will lose all of your user data.
- Backup the phone if it’s accessible to prevent loss of data.
- You don’t need to unlock the bootloader before flashing the firmware because it’s official.
- You must charge your Razr M battery to its capacity before proceeding.
If you are ready, all you need to unbrick your xt907 is just below
How To Restore/Unbrick Motorola XT907 Droid Razr M In Boot Loop
- Download latest official firmware for Verizon Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 – VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml
- Download Fastboot drivers for Snapdragon devices – Fastboot Drivers Snapdragon Devices [credit: mattlgroff ]
- Alternatively, Download Latest – RSDLite v6.2.4
According to the requirements above, you can either use Snapdragon fastboot or RSDLite 6.2.4[recommended].
If you downloaded the Snapdragon Fastboot drivers, please follow the steps below.
Steps To Reinstall Factory Firmware / Unbrick To Moto XT907
- Boot your XT907 to AP fastboot mode by pressing Vol +, Vol -, and power key. Then in the window that pops up[with AP Fastboot, Recovery, Bootloader, Factory], scroll down using Volume down and use Volume up to select AP Fastboot.
- Extract and paste the Snapdragon Fastboot folder to your desktop.
- Extract the firmware package for the Razr M and paste all the files inside the Snapdragon fastboot folder.
- Connect your Motorola Droid Razr M to the Pc via a good USB cable.
- Open the Snapdragon Fastboot folder, hold down the shift key, right-click and select Open Command Window Here.
- In the command prompt window that will pop up, carefully type the commands below(one at a time) and hit the enter key on your computer after each line.
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot flash sbl2 sbl2.mbn
fastboot flash sbl3 sbl3.mbn
fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase tombstones
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
- After typing the last command, your phone will restart and would be back on its feet within minutes. You can now set it up as usual.
- The second method is pretty easy. Just download RSDLite v6.2.4 above instead of the Snapdragon Fastboot.
- Install it and launch it via the shortcut on your windows desktop.
- Boot your XT907 to fastboot mode by pressing Vol +, Vol -, and power key. Then in the window that pops up[with AP Fastboot, Recovery, Bootloader, Factory], scroll down and use volume up to select AP Fastboot.
- Connect the Razr M to your windows PC.
- Click on the … after filename.
- and select the firmware file VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml [not extracted…. ] then click open.
- Now select Decompress and Start Flashing, then wait for it to decompress the files and begin the flashing.
- Flashing will take a while. Just sit back and take a glass of water, the flashing will be done in a short while. When it’s finished, you will see a PASS notification. You can now unplug your phone and set it up as usual.
- If you get stocked at the AP Fastboot screen after rebooting, just type this commands on your PC and hit enter after each line of command.fastboot oem fb_mode_clearfastboot continue
Your device should now reboot without any more issues.Please share and also drop your comments