The rate of change in our environment is also affecting service providers. Like seriously, MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat are unleashing some kind of change especially in the data sector.
Although, Glo has the best and most affordable data plans. While Glo is stepping up, others are complaining of the Buhari Government and all its alien changes.
Looking at the changes from its competitors, Airtel and Etisalat are just increasing the price of data plans while reducing the amount of data that is given.
The most recent one from Airtel is the 200 Naira 20GB
plan issue which was recently s
lashed to 200MB
gives you 100MB
instead of 10GB
instead of 100GB
and the 1.5GB for N50 Night Plan that is now N200
. They also increased the price for their night plan and reduced the data cap. All these are happening, but baba Glo is still unchanged.
… Take A Look At This …
Now MTN wants to follow suit by doing some amendments. One of the noticeable change is in their Call me Back Service. If you always use this positively, you will bear with me that its no longer the same.
The worst part of it is that the change is not user friendly in anyway. When I say its not user friendly, I mean it. Ok, lets roll back to
The normal/popular way of sending a call me back is as simple as ABC. You just get to the number in your phonebook or call logs, select edit before calling, add *133*the call me back you wish* the MTN number#. And voila ! its done. Wasn’t that simple? Even elderly ones do use it a lot.
BUT UNFORTUNATELY, EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED
And the change MTN brought now is not cool. With the new call me back service, there are a lot of disadvantages. I think I should spell them out.
DISADVANTAGES OF THE NEW MTN CALL ME BACK
- It is no longer user friendly.
- It makes you write down, copy and paste[if supported] or even memorize numbers. How many more will you memorize???
- It fails and disconnects if you delay to input a command or select an option.[USSD issue, better enter the number as fast as possible]
- Confusing especially to elderly/older people.
Let me just stop there, you will add the rest in the comments section. Now that this sudden change has surfaced, lets know how to use it easily.
HOW TO USE THE NEW MTN CALL ME BACK
- Just dial *133# and press the send button.
- In the next screen that pops up,
- Type, copy and paste or manually enter the MTN number you wish to send a call me back to and tap Send.
- In the next screen, select the number that corresponds to the call me back message you wish to send to the person. E.g, 1. Please call me, 2. I love you, 3. Send me Credit etc and tap the send button or icon.
- You will then receive a success notification that your call me back has been sent successfully. If you get an error like service time out, USSD code error etc, please start over and try to be swift.