How To Install TWRP Recovery And Root HTC Desire 626s
- Make sure you backup your user data.[Apps, Media, Contacts etc]
- Battery level should be above 50% before proceeding.
- Your PC should be charged too.
- Unlock your HTC Desire 626s bootloader.
You now have to download some necessary files to enable you root your HTC Desire 626s. Here are the files:
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On HTC Desire 626s
- After downloading the above files, copy the SuperSu.zip to the root of your Sd card.
- Now install Minimal ADB/Fastboot Drivers to your PC by clicking on the setup and and following the instructions.
- Extract the TWRP recovery for HTC Desire 626s, then copy and paste the ‘recovery.img‘ to the minimal ADB/fastboot folder. Cant do that? Ok. Just copy the recovery.img, Right click on the Minimal ADB/fastboot shortcut on your desktop and select, open file location and paste it in the folder.
- Now go back to your desktop and launch minimal ADB/fastboot.
- Go to developer options in your Desire 626s and enable USB Debugging.
- Now connect HTC Desire 626s with PC via USB cable and type this in the command prompt window
to see if your device is detected. Make sure you accept any USB Debugging prompt on your screen. If your device is shows,type this command
adb reboot bootloader
boot your phone into bootloader or fastboot mode. if this CMD command doesn’t reboot your device into bootloader or fastboot mode, switch off your HTC Desire 626s and press volume down + power button. You will get a vibration and your device will boot into recovery mode, then you can select Reboot to Bootloader.
Your device should now be in fastboot mode. To comfirm, type
and your device id will be displayed. The next command to flash the TWRP recovery to your phone. Type this command;
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The recovery image will be flashed successfully. Now its time to reboot into the TWRP recovery you just flashed. To do this, type this command,
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Your HTC Desire 626s should now be in recovery mode[TWRP recovery]
To Flash SuperSu and Get Root access on your Desire 626s
- Tap on Install
- Locate and select the SuperSu.zip file
- Swipe to confirm flash
- click on Reboot System.
When your device boots up, you will find SuperSu in your apps and you can now enjoy the benefits of having a rooted device. Hope you found this tutorial easy and useful.
Note: I am not responsible if you mess things up. Follow the instructions carefully.