How I Fixed Error Code 3198 In iTunes During Upgrade/Restore
Hello there. Today I am going to share with you how I fixed error 3198 in iTunes. Actually, there are so many errors that can pop up when using iTunes to upgrade/restore an iPod, iPad or an iPhone. One of the most popular one is the error with code 3198. I actually had that recently with an iPhone 4S and after fixing it, I was like ‘why not share? Someone else might be having the same error 3198. So lets ride on.
… Also Trending …
If you are disabled from accessing your Apple device and after downloading the update via Apples official tool; iTunes, and you tried reloading the OS without success as well as getting the 3198 error, or you are stock in recovery mode, then this article might help you out.
Requirements To Fix Error 3198 in iTunes.
- First thing to do is to download the latest version of Itunes. As at the time of publishing this post, the latest version of iTunes was v22.214.171.124.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection on your Pc
- Make sure you have already downloaded the most recent update for your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Use original USB cable to connect your Apple device to the computer[Windows]
- Close every other app that can interfere with iTunes like Moborobo, Wondershare Mobile Go or antivirus.
- Make sure your PC is properly updated.
Steps To Fix Error 3198 While Using iTunes
- Open your Local disk folder and Locate the folder named ‘Windows‘
- Inside ‘Windows’, Locate and open the folder ‘System32‘
- Inside ‘System32‘, you will see another folder; ‘drivers‘
- Open the ‘drivers‘ folder and you will see another folder, ‘etc‘
- We are almost there. Open the ‘etc‘ folder. Inside it you will find a file named ‘hosts‘. Copy the file to your Desktop, then rename the original file to ‘hosts – Copy‘
- Now restart your system, disable other apps that can intrude. Put your Apple device into recovery mode. To do that, press and hold both the Power button and the Home button until you see the USB cable and iTunes logo appear on the screen.
- Now connect your Apple device and continue with the restoration process as usual. It should work now without and issue.