Using YGDP Tool is cool but sometimes gives issues like not working, not opening, you forget the password, remains in entering download mode, fail to connect etc.
Well, I am going to show you how you too can easily flash .CPB factory format files for Coolpad devices using the popular MediaTek Tool, SP flash tool.
They are other firmware file formats like .bin and .PAC which can be flashed easily using special software.Since SP Flashtool is trending, easy to use, without much errors etc, let’s know how we can flash stock ROMs in .CPB formats via SP Flashtool.
Note… Make sure the firmware in .CPB format matches your Coolpad phone’s model so as not to brick it. Download the exact firmware for your Coolpad device before proceeding with the flashing.
How To Flash .CPB Firmware To Coolpad Via SP Flashtool
- Download the exact stock ROM of your Coolpad device and extract it to get the .CPB file.
- Download YGDP Tool and install it on your PC – Download
- Install Mediatek USB VCOM Drivers on your PC.
Steps To Flash .CPB Firmware Via Sp Flashtool
- Double Click on the YGDP Tool shortcut on your PC to launch it. If asked to enter the password, use 9527. It should now launch and display like in the image below.
- Click on the Configuration icon at the top left.
- Click on the folder icon to select the .CPB file you want to flash.
- Locate the folder where the .CPB file is placed, double click on it to load it.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and wait for the CPB file to be verified, unzipped and you should see ‘verify data file OK’. Do not close the app.
- Go back to your desktop and ‘right click’ on the YGDP shortcut, then select ‘Open file location‘.
- You should then be taken to ‘YGDP’ folder. Locate and open the folder named ‘Downfiles‘
- You should find another folder with your device name/model. E.g 7295A.
- Open it and you will see all the files you need including the scatter file which Sp flashtool also uses.
- Copy all the files [Ctrl + A], create a new folder on your desktop and paste the files [Ctrl + V] there.
Note: If you are comfortable with YGDP tool, you can stick to it. Just flash only the firmware that matches your Coolpad Android phone and you are good to go.