Got an S4? Oh, not just an S4, but the Samsung Galaxy S4 international variant. Well, there is good news for you. Android N[Nougat] can now be installed on your galaxy S4. Don’t worry, the Android N ROM on your galaxy S4 wont cause the battery to blow up like the Note 7 battery OK…
As you already know, custom Roms always come with mind blowing features which makes them really interesting to use. So, who are the guys behind the scene? Its JDC Team.
But, Have you seen this?
Best Custom ROM For Samsung Galaxy S3
So, enough of the praises, what do you need to know before proceeding?
- This Android v7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM should only be installed on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 (jfltexx) international LTE models only. If its installed on another device, it may brick it.
- Dont be in a hurry, go to Settings >> About phone >> Model number] and find out your exact Samsung Galaxy model before continuing.
- Although you are going to get a fresh UI and wonderful features after installing this or any custom ROM, but your waranty is at risk. Noted? OK.
- You will have to ‘root your Samsung Galaxy S4‘ before installing this custom Rom.
- You will lose your data after installing any custom ROM. Make sure your data has been previously backed-up. Also backup your stock ROM in recovery before flashing the Nougat to your S4.
- Install the necessary Samsung USB drivers to enable your galaxy S4 connect to the PC.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery, or else there is a chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted midway.
How To Install Android v7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505)
- Download Android v7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM and Google Apps on to your PC ….. Download Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM for S4: Download
- Install Samsung USB Drivers ….. Download Samsung USB Drivers: Download
- Download Google Apps ….. Download Google Apps: Download
Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE to the computer, copy and paste the AOSP Nougat ROM and the Google Apps to the phone memory or Sd card.[Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in the storage root folder, not in any other folder.]
- Turn off your device and disconnect it from PC.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing Volume (Up) + Power button + Home button. Release when you see the recovery menu.
Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear phone’s memory (full) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option. Once done, select – ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset.
- Return to TWRP menu and tap ‘Install’. Locate by the Android 7.0 Nougat Rom.zip file in the SD card and tap on it, then ‘swipe to confirm flash’ to begin installation.
- Go back to TWRP menu again and install the Google Apps by selecting ‘Install’ > Locate the ‘Google Apps.zip’ > Tap on it and then ‘Swipe To Confirm Flash’.
- After successfully flashing of the custom ROM and G-Apps with a ‘Success’ notification, tap on ‘Reboot’ to boot the newly install Android 7 Rom.
If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation and bootloop.
If you encounter any issue, please use the comments box.