Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you.
One thing I like about SPD phones, especially the new models running on Android 5.1 lollipop is the way it’s ordinarily hard to boot into recovery mode.
I have in previous tutorials showed using different techniques. If you wish, below are the posts.
- SPD Reset Security Lock Method 1
- Spreadtrum Security Lock Removal Method 2
- SPD Reset Security Lock On Android Feature Phones Method 3
In this post, we are still going to talk some more about new SPD phones with latest latest Android version and how to bypass security locks.
After going through all that’s here, you should be able to fix forgotten locks as well as FRP – factory reset protection on new SPD phones like Itel, Kimfly, Mhorse etc running on Android lollipop plus E.g Itel 1506, 1507, 1508, 1355, 1508, 1551, 1556, 1550, 1507, 1516 Plus and 1702.
Talking about pattern lock, it’s not new. But FRP is the feature that makes an Android device with a Gmail account not to boot up after factory reset unless the main Google account that was on it is properly entered/verified.
If the 2 methods above couldn’t get your SPD phone unlocked, try this trick to access the recovery menu:
- Power off your SPD phone and re-insert the battery. (If it’s user removable).
- Press the power button and almost immediately/before the logo comes up (about 3 seconds after pressing the power key), press and hold the volume down button until you get into recovery mode. You should make sure the phone doesn’t vibrate before pressing and holding the volume down button. If it doesn’t work, repeat the process accurately.
- If you see a no command with an Android logo, you are almost done! Press and hold the power button for about 2 seconds before pressing the volume up button. The full recovery menu should now come up.
- Then scroll down, select Factory Data Reset, confirm it with Yes and after the reset, you can reboot.
How To Factory Reset SPD Android Device On Pattern, PIN Or Password Lock
If you forgot the security lock on any of the recent Spreadtrum Android Lollipop or Marshmallow phones, to reset or remove the lock, try following the procedures outlined here.
If you had a Google account on the phone before doing a factory reset, you might be required to enter the Google account email and password due to the FRP on the Itel phone.
This is why you can’t skip the Network connection step in the setup wizard.Since factory reset protection is only triggered when you factory reset a phone with a signed in Google account, bypassing it isn’t very difficult.
To easily bypass FRP on your SPD phone with the old Google security patch, you should reset the phone from the main Settings menu while there’s no Gmail account on the phone.
To achieve this, please follow the steps outlined below;
If you followed the procedures above, your phone would not have any security lock but will need the most recent synchronized Gmail account on the phone to be verified. This is what we are gonna bypass.
- Power off your Itel phone and reinsert the battery.
- Press the power button and immediately or before the phone vibrates, press and hold the volume up button until you get into the test-mode screen.
- Note: If the volume up and power combo launches the recovery menu instead of the factory testmode, redo the process but use the volume down button.
- If you get to the testmode screen, drag the drop down notification from the top and click on the settings icon.
- In the phone’s settings menu, scroll to backup and reset, then perform a factory reset.
- The phone will erase all of your user data and then turn on. You can now continue with the setup wizard and you will be able to skip the Gmail verification steps.
Alternatively, you can achieve the same thing by following the procedure below.
- Turn on your phone and tap on the *Home button* to launch Google Search.
- Type Settings and select the settings icon in the list.
- Go to Backup and Reset to perform a factory wipe.
- Reboot your device.
How To Remove FRP Lock On New SPD Android 5.1 Devices E.G Itel 1556, With Latest Google Android Security Patch
This is the latest method that can help you to bypass FRP on SPD Android devices with FRP lock and Google’s latest security patch.
Please follow the procedure below and your FRP locked device would be up again.
- Turn on the Wifi hotspot on another device.
- Turn on your device e.g Itel 1556 and connect to the Hotspot from the other device.
- Double tap the Home button or the equivalent to launch Google search.
- In Google search, type Settings and click on the settings icon to launch it.
- Go to Apps, under the list of Apps, select Xender and click Go to app.
- Xender should now open.
- Connect your device to the PC (MTP mode) and then copy Quickshorcut Maker apk to the phone storage.
- In Xender, slide until you get to Files, then inside APK, select the QSM apk and install it.
- Open the QSM app, and in the search box, type Google ma and select Google Account Manager. In the list that will show up, tap the Google Account Manager (Type email and Password)
- Tap on Try
- You should now see a page asking you to enter your password.
- Tap on the 3 dots at the top right and select Browser sign in and select OK.
- Make sure you are still connected to the Hotspot. You can see that at the notification bar.
- Now in the next Sign-in page, enter a working Gmail account username and password, then tap sign in. If the Google account info you entered is valid, it will sign in and return you back to the QSM App.
- You can now turn off the Wifi Hotspot on the other phone and then restart the FRP locked device.
- You will now be able to set it up without FRP.
If you get Unfortunately Google Account Manager has stopped, here is the fix!
On recent phones like Itel 1409, 1516 Plus with the new security patch, you might not be able to access Google account manager properly.
To bypass FRP on new devices with latest security patches likel etc, follow the steps below.
- In step 10 above, download and copy Quick shortcut Maker and Google Account Manager Android 5.1 or Google Account Manager Android 6 (if your device runs on Android 6) to your device’s phone storage.
- Open Xender and slide to Files, open APK and Install the Google Account Manager(replace the one already in the phone).
- Install QuickShortcut Maker and open it.
- Follow Step 12 above till the end.
- Make sure you manually remove your Google account from the phone by going to SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS>GOOGLE> tap on your email address, tap the three dots at the top right and select Remove account. That’s all
How To Remove FRP Lock On New SPD Android DevicesVia Fastboot
It’s also very easy and possible to remove FRP lock on Spreadtrum devices via Fastboot mode. Thanks to GSM developers/Mohit KKC team, you can use a simple tool called Android Fastboot Reset Tool V1.2 to successfully bypass frp on SPD devices like Kimfly M8, Itel and a lot of others.
The tool also supports other CPU type and just works via fastboot mode. To successfully bypass FRP on your SPD device via Android’s Fastboot mode, follow the steps below.
- Download Android Fastboot Reset Tool V1.2 (Note, the file isn’t password protected) – Download
- Extract the file to a folder on your PC/Desktop
- Turn off your device and boot into Fastboot mode using the Volume up or down buttton and power button.
- You should see Fastboot mode on your device’s screen if it worked.
- Make sure your Android ADB drivers are properly installed or install/fix ADB and Fastboot drivers issues here.
- If all the drivers are properly installed, you can proceed.
Now open the folder for Android Fastboot Reset Tool V1.2
- Double click on the Android Fastboot Reset Tool V1.2.exe to launch it.
- It should now open.
- Click on 9 on your Keyboard to select Remove Spd Frp
- You will now see a waiting for device:
- Connect your Spd phone while it’s in Fastboot mode and wait for the command to run successfully. In most cases, your device will reboot.
- When it’s done booting, you will now be able to get pass the WiFi setup screen and fully setup your Spreadtrum powered Android device.