Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you.
Have you successfully flashed your Tecno P9 via SP flashtool with the stock firmware and it failed to boot up completely? I guess it has entered a boot loop.
If you were able to boot into recovery, you may not be able to perform a factory reset because the stock recovery couldn’t mount the data partition. That’s why you see the error mount/data error or failed.
Well, the good news is that you aren’t the only one that has experienced a boot loop after flashing a Tecno P9 via Sp Flashtool.
And please don’t try to fix it using any hardware means because its not gonna help unless you know what you are doing.
So if your Tecno P9 isn’t booting up but keeps on rebooting without measure, you are very close to fixing it. Considering the stress you must have gone through before getting here, let me open up.
How To Fix a Tecno P9 in BootLoop after Flashing
- Download this recovery file for Tecno P9 and save on your computer.
In case you want to be very sure you are flashing the right firmware to your Boot Looping Tecno P9, please download Tecno P9 4.2 or 4.4 stock firmware here depending on your P9’s original firmware.
- If you already have the firmware for your P9, skip the download.
- Always note the version on your Tecno P9, either the 4.2 or 4.4 Android version. After successfully downloading the stock ROM and custom recovery for Tecno P9, extract and load the firmware files in Sp flashtool.
- Now, double click on the Recovery section in Sp flashtool as described in the image below.
- Locate the custom recovery.img file for Tecno P9 you downloaded and select it.
- Now click on the Download button to begin the flashing process.
- After flashing, boot into recovery using Volume Up and Power button, then scroll using volume buttons and select Factory Reset using Power button.
- Choose Yes in the next screen. After the factory reset, select Reboot.
- Your Tecno P9 would now boot and startup completely without any unauthorized boot loop.
Hope it helps. Got an issue? Please make use of the comments box.