How To Flash Firmware To A Mediatek(MTK) Android Phone Via SP Flashtool
REQUIREMENTS FOR FLASHING ROMS/FIRMWARES TO MTK DEVICES
- Download and Install Mediatek Usb Vcom Drivers from this link.
- Download latest version of Sp flashtool
- Download the stock ROM of your MTK device.
You can check our collection of Stock Roms or drop a comment if you need a rom for your phone.
STEPS TO FLASH FIRMWARES OR STOCK ROMS TO MTK ANDROID DEVICES
- After installing MTK USB VCOM Drivers on your PC, unpack the Sp flashtool to your computer using winrar or any other archive software.
- Unpack the stock rom too if its archived, e.g in .rar or .zip formats
- Open the Sp flashtool folder and run flashtool.exe as an admin
- Once Sp flashtool opens, it should display like this.
- Click on Scatter loading by your right.
- Now in the menu that pops up, locate the folder where you saved the unpacked stock rom or firmware file you downloaded.
- Click to open the stock rom. In the rom folder, select MT65xx Android Scatter.txt or what ever that has Android Scatter.txt
- Sp flashtool will now load the available partitions or files in the rom folder. You should see Preloader, MBR, BOOT, RECOVERY, ANDROID, EBR, SECRO etc
- Now just above preloader, Click on the Download only and choose Download only or Firmware upgrade(Only Choose Firmware Upgrade if all the partitions are available and marked or you are downgrading or upgrading the os)
- Now make sure all the available partitions are marked and unavailable ones are not marked.
- Click on the Download button/icon at the top.
- Turnoff your smartphone, remove and reinsert the battery if its removable otherwise just poweroff.
- Connect the phone to the PC.
- Sp flashtool should now detect your phone and display Mediatek Preloader Usb Vcom Port at the bottom.
- You might also hear a beep sound from your PC.
- After detecting the phone, a progress bar will start moving from red colour to *green.
- Flashing actually takes time depending on the size of the flashfile. When flashing is done at 100%, Sp flashtool will display Download Ok. This implies that the whole stock rom has been flashed to the phone.
- Unplug the Usb cable, remove and reinsert your MTK phone’s battery, then press the power button to turn the phone on.
- Wait for several minutes for the phone to boot up.
- If it takes too long and becomes very hot, remove and reinsert the battery, boot into recovery( press volume up or down and power button) and factory reset the phone or clear emmc in factory mode.
- After factory reseting or clearing emmc, reboot the phone and wait for some minutes for it to come up.
- After a while, your phone should be up and running.
Got No Simcard error, invalid, Null or Unknown Imei? Please click here to learn how to fix unknown or invalid Imei on Mediatek phones.
Other issues, feel free to drop a comment.