If you are a newbie to blogging, you might have heard about Facebook fan page in one of those SEO tutorials out there.
The importance of having a Facebook page as a blogger can’t be over stressed. Its very important as an offpage medium to drive organic traffic from the social media to your blog.
A Facebook Fan Box or Like Box is an effective plugin that allows your blog visitors/readers to conveniently subscribe to your blog updates via their Facebook accounts, without having to leave your blog.
Once a user subscribes, (by clicking on the like button on the facebook page, the visitor(s) will receive your most recent blog updates on their Facebook page.
Additionally, the Facebook fan box also displays the faces of those who have liked your Facebook page.
If you are looking forward to having a great presence on your social network(facebook), you just have to take your facebook page as serious as your blogging itself.
Before showing it on your blogger blog, you should personally create one(Facebook fan page).
To get a fb page, login to facebook and in your profile tab, click on create a page. Setup everything until its complete and proceed with the below tutorial.
Add Facebook Page/Fan Like Box To Blogger Blog
- Login to your facebook account and goto your facebook fan page to findout your fb page url.
- Now visit//developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin to get the fb page plugin. You should now see your facebook page with a like on the left and share on the right.
- Type in your fb page url in box or make sure the one that’s there matches yours.
- Now click on the Get Code
- Click on the iFrame tab and copy the code in the box.
Now Its Time To Add The Facebook Fan Page To Your Blogger Blog
- Goto blogger.com and login to access your dashboard.
- Click on layout.
- Click on Add a Gadget in the area where you want your facebook fan page to be placed.
- In the new popup window, select HTML/Java Script Gadget.
- Click on Save. That’s all.
You can visit your blog to confirm the changes. Now your blog visitors would be in a good position to receive your updates directly on Facebook.