Changing imei numbers on MTK phones isnt a new thing anymore. Its either via the popular mobile uncle method/MTK engineering mode, Using tool hero, MTK droidtools or ROM toolbox method. All this methods work perfectly if applied properly.
As usual, after formating an MTK phone before flashing via Sp flashtool, there’s always a case of invalid IMEI which makes the phone not to connect to the mobile network properly.
Sometimes, incoming and outgoing calls wouldn’t show up.
You might also like:
How to Root and Install CWM on Tecno Camon C8 running on Android 6
It’s always first thought to use Mobile uncle. Well, in most cases, Mobile uncle or the method you use might show a success notification but after restarting the phone, you will be greeted by an INVALID IMEI screen when you dial *#06#.
HOW TO FIX STUBBORN INVALID IMEI ON ALL MTK SMARTPHONES AFTER FORMATING USING SP FLASHTOOL
- Boot your phone into recovery and do a factory reset.
- When the phone boots up, its time to root it. Rooting your MTK smartphone is so seamless with Kingroot latest version. . Download it, install and launch it while mobile data is turned on.
- Now check your root access via Root checker.
- Download Chamelephon Apk and install.
- Open it and grant super user access.
- Copy your imei from the back of your phone and enter it correctly in the boxes provided.
- Click on Apply New IMEIs, then confirm it by tapping on Change.
- You may now reboot your phone.
- Your MTK phone’s IMEI numbers will now show for the both Sims. You can dial *#06# to confirm.
Note: IMEI changing might be illegal if used wrongly.
Interesting right? Please share