The Samsung galaxy s3 i9300(International version) was one of the best galaxy phones then and it’s still trending. It came with android 4.0.4(ICS) out of the box. Android 4.3(Jellybean) update later came with some serious bugs. Actually Samsung no longer roll out OTA updates to the galaxy s3 i9300.
“Most of its attractive features are its 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, AMOLED screen with very deep black and saturated colors, great battery life, very powerful and crystal clear imaging, good sound enhancement and other cool features. What I personally love most is its display quality.I can’t stop watching HD videos on my S3”
So if you are just getting the Samsung S3(i9300), and you are still on stock os, I have good news for you. There are so many things you will enjoy after these.
Having used the galaxy s3 international version, I always switch from one custom ROM to the other. Why? they weren’t satisfying me in some ways.
It’s either battery issue, display going off sometimes, camera not coming up. I finally found the best, flawless, efficient and user-friendly ROM which any s3 i9300 owner can install right away and use it as a daily driver.
INSTALL MIUI CUSTOM ROM FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 i9300
This MIUI ROM is the best ROM I found that was 99.9% perfect in all ramifications. It even comes with boefla sound mod which will improve sound quality extensively.
If you have used or seen a Xiaomi phone before, you will certainly love to get that UI on your galaxy s3.
MIUI ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 International version
HOW TO ROOT YOUR GALAXY S3 AND INSTALL PHILZ TOUCH / TWRP RECOVERY
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your Windows computer.
- Download Odin+Cf-Auto-Root for Samsung Galaxy i9300 and extract it to a folder.
PROCEDURE ON ROOTING SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 I9300
- Run Odin from the Odin+Cf-Auto-Root folder.
- Click on PDA button. Locate and select the Cf-Auto-Root file you downloaded.
- Now put your phone into download mode by pressing volume down+power+home button. Press volume up to confirm.
- Connect your phone to the PC via a good USB cable. Odin should now recognize your phone and display added in the log screen.
- Now click on start.
- After a successful flash, reboot your phone. You should now find SuperSu.
DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THE RECOVERY BELOW IN ODIN
- Download latest TWRP 3.0.2-1 or PHILZ_TOUCH 5.00.5 and save on your computer.
- Launch Odin
- Click on PDA
- Locate downloaded recovery and select it.
- Connect phone to PC
- Click start and wait for a success message.
Install MIUI ROM On Galaxy S3 I9300
- Transfer the downloaded MIUI ROM & GApps.zip into your SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Press and hold Volume UP + Home Button + Power Key at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Go to backup option in recovery and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to back up.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the recovery main menu and tap the wipe button.
- Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
- Next, confirm to wipe. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Go to TWRP/PHILZ_TOUCH recovery main menu & tap on Install.
- Locate the MIUI ROM zip file & tap on it. Now Install the ROM.
- Select your device product name in the list(Select i9300) Once the installation process is finished successfully, Goto recovery main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Install GApps Package.
- From recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.