The Nokia X family has been around for a while now. Since these devices are running on a forked Android 4.1.2, no future firmware update is expected from Microsoft.
The Nokia X family don’t support Google playstore or services but uses its native app store. This might be one of the reasons why you should try a custom ROM on your Nokia X.
Or in case your phone’s OS is corrupt and you haven’t been able to download its stock ROM, this guide is for you.
Lewa OS For Nokia X/XL
Lewa OS for Nokia X is official and totally genuine. This is released specifically for Nokia X and includes a variety of features never found in Stock Nokia OS. Lewa OS promises unique smoothness and almost bug-free interface. It’s cool and user-friendly.
I recently installed the Lewa Os on a Nokia XL and its running well. Without much ado, let’s go straight to the point.
HOW TO INSTALL LEWA CUSTOM ROM ON A NOKIA X ANDROID PHONE
First of all, download the necessary files.
- Lewaa OS 4 V5 Zip file – Download
- Nokia XL Patch – Download
- G-Apps Jellybean zip – Download
- Lewaa Custom Recovery.img – Download
- Nokia X Flasher – Download
Steps To Install LEWA OS On Nokia X
- Copy download 1 2 3 and 4 to your Micro SD card. Insert it in your Nokia X.
- Flash the LewaRecovery for Nokia X using Nokia X Flasher.
- To flash the recovery using Nokia X Flasher, run the Nokia X Flasher on your Pc.
- Press Volume down and power button for about 5 seconds.
- Now connect the phone via a USB cable to the PC. Click on detect device on Nokia X flasher. If your device shows, click on the recovery tab, locate and select the LewaRecovery.img file
- Click on start flashing. Wait for it to complete.
- Now boot the phone into recovery using VOLUME UP and Power button.
- In recovery screen, click on Backup to backup your current firmware.
- Go back and click on Install. Select the select the Lewa Rom, Nokia XL patch(For Nokia XL), and G-Apps.zip
- After installation is completed successfully, tap on reboot system.
- If phone hangs, just remove the battery, reinsert it and power up manually.
- After a while, the phone should boot up giving you a new interface.