The Tecno C8 is getting more popular since Tecno provided an upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HioS.
I know so many people have upgraded theirs and would love to root it immediately so as to change imei numbers for Glo Bis, install root only apps etc. What ever might be your reason to root, below is a tutorial on how to root any Camon C8 within minutes.
How To Easily Root Your Tecno C8 Running On Marshmallow (Android 6.0)
- First of all, you need to Install VCOM drivers on your PC if you haven’t done that before.
- NowDownload SuperSU 2.66.zip
- Copy the SuperSU.zip to both your memory card and phone’s internal storage.
- Download CWM for Tecno Camon C8 Marshmallowby Hovatech.
- Switch off the phone (still with battery inside)
- Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the phone using SP Flash tool.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up + Power button combo.
- In the CWM recovery mode, you use the Volume up and Volume down button to scroll up and down while the Power button is to select.
- Scroll down to Install zip and select it.
- Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
- Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it.
- Select Yes – Install SuperSU.zip to confirm flashing.
- Wait till installation is complete.
- Return to the Clockworkmod recovery home screen (using the back button) then select Reboot.
If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, please select No.