As usual, new phones and firmware always come with new security measures to make it more protected. Like in almost all the new Gionee smartphones running on Android 5.1 e.g ( Gionee M3mini, Gionee M2mini, Gionee P5W, Gionee P2M, Gionee S Plus, Gionee M5, Gionee P5mini and all the others with Amigo UI running on Lollipop).
If there’s a Google account on the phone, resetting the phone is possible via volume key and power button combos. But the unfortunate part is that, after the phone boots up, it will surely ask you to enter the Google account email and password that was used on the phone. Even if you wipe EMMC in factory mode using volume down and power button, it will boot up and welcome you with the same screen. You can’t skip it.
If you can’t remember the Gmail address and password that you used on the phone, then you need to read on.
When I first noticed this, I was like
Maybe Google wanna make their OS have a kind of iPhone-like security.
Like in every system or platform, there are always some loopholes which when exploited can bring about positive or negative results. I have used the loophole I found, tested it on different Gionee Android 5.1 phones and it worked flawlessly.
How To Bypass Factory Reset Protection FRP On Gionee Android Phones
Alternatively, you could format and then flash the stock ROM back but sometimes getting the firmware of new models like the ones above and the issues that may arise after flashing the wrong files might be so frustrating that you won’t be able to come out easily.
To avoid the stress and use the easy way, follow these instructions.
- Power on your Gionee android phone and allow it to boot up to the lock screen or setup if you have done a factory reset.
- As you might know, Gionee has removed the quick settings panel to the bottom and notifications remained at the top.
- In the lock screen or setup page, use one finger to drag up from the bottom of your screen so as to bring up the quick settings menu.
- You should find touch light icon, display brightness, data toggle, WiFi etc.
- Now tap on the Settings icon. It will take you to the phone’s settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced, select Security and finally tap on Device Administrators.
- You will find Android Device Manager selected.
- Tap on it and select Deactivate.
- Finally, go to Factory Data Reset and Reset the phone.
- Wait for the phone to boot up. It will take some time to complete. When it’s done, just follow the setup process as usual and you will get back to your phone without any FRP barrier.
HOW TO REMOVE FRP ON NEWER GIONEE ANDROID 6.0 PHONES
If you are using one of these recent phones with the new Gionee logo or with Android 6 Marshmallow e.g Gionee M5 mini or Gionee P5w, below is how to bypass FRP.
- In the Welcome screen where you would select your preferred language, drag from the bottom to bring up the quick setting panel.
- Tap on the 9 dots / More at the bottom right.
- Tap on Settings which is at the bottom left of the screen.
- Now select Advanced Settings.
- Click Backup And Reset.
- Select Factory Data Reset and allow it to do it’s job. It would take sometime after resetting to boot up.
If you found this useful, please share and also comment.