Rooting your Infinix Hot 2 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now possible. You only have to follow the instructions very well so as to get good results.
Since most of the available rooting methods and apps don’t root Infinix Hot 2 On Android 6 for the moment, we have found a new and easy way out.
How To Root Infinix Hot 2 Running On Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Download the following files and save them on your PC.
- TeamWin custom recovery for Infinix Hot 2 (by TeamHovatek) – Download
- SuperSu.zip – Download
- Enable recovery buttons combo – Download
- SP Flashtool – Download
- Install Mediatek VCOM Drivers – Download
Copy the SuperSu.zip file to the root folder of your phone’s internal storage.
- Extract the TWRP recovery, Enable recovery buttons and Sp flashtool to your desktop.
- Open and launch Sp flashtool as an admin.
- Click on scatter loading and select the Mt6580 android scatter.txt in the TWRP folder.
- You will find recovery loaded.
- Now click on location (the last empty box after preloader)
- Locate the Enable recovery botton folder and select preloader_d5510_infinix.bin
- Click on the empty location box under lk and select lk.bin in the enable recovery button folder.
Note. The lk.bin and preloader here will enable you to boot into recovery using volume up and power button.
- Now you should have three files loaded in the Sp flashtool. Preloader, lk and recovery.
- Click on the Download button in Sp Flashtool.
- Connect your Infinix Hot 2 (Powered Off with Battery Inside) to the Pc and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is completed, unplug the USB cable. Press volume up and power button to boot the Infinix Hot 2 into recovery.
If you get a message like the one below, swipe right so as to enable TWRP modify your system partion which will enable rooting.
- Now Click On install
- Select the SuperSU.zip in your phone’s internal storage.
- Swipe right to install SuperSU.
- When installation is complete, Tap on Reboot System. If you are asked to root your phone, please select Do Not Install.
- After booting, check your installed apps and you will find SuperSU.
- You can install Root checker APK to verify that you have root access on your phone.
If you have any issues, don’t hesitate to comment and you will get instant assistance.
Credits – Team Hovatek