Like seriously, it seems the cry of so many Infinix Hot 2 users running on Android 6.0 has finally been heard and resolved by Google.
Infinix is the first smartphone in Nigeria or Africa that runs android one. Android One phones are basically managed by Google especially when it comes to software updates.
The Hot 2 was launched with Android 5.1 out of the box. It was very stable according to user reports. Well, after a while, Android 6.0 was packed and sent over the air as a major upgrade.
It was widely received because everyone wanted to step up no matter what it takes. Some even resorted to a more pro like alternative of flashing the phone via recovery or sp flashtool.
Android 6.0 on the Infinix Hot 2came with lots of irritating bugs like power button not responding when the phone sleeps, incoming and outgoing calls don’t display caller names, WhatsApp contacts don’t show names, memory card permission issues and lots more. Some people had to downgrade to the older android 5.1 just to ease up.
Infinix Hot 2 Android 6.0 Bug fixed update is out. Its an over the air update. I personally received mine, downloaded and installed it. Its working very fine, bug free and so stable.
How To Get The Infinix Hot 2 Android 6.0 Bug Fixed Update
- SP Flash Tool – Download
- Install Mediatek Usb VComm Drivers – Download
- Sp flashtool ROM Dump for Infinix X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20160315(Marshmallow Android 6.0) – Download
- Navigate to the SP flash tool folder
- Right click and Run the SP flash tool.exe as admin
- Click on scatter loading. Navigate to the Infinix Hot2 X510 rom folder and select the ” MT6580_Android_scatter.txt “
- At the left hand side just below the ‘scatter loading’ panel, click on ‘download only’, then change it to ‘firmware upgrade’
- Switch off your Phone (make sure it has more than 50% charge)
- Click on Download.
- Now connect your Infinix Hot 2 with the battery to your PC using a good usb cord.
- The Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROMDump will be flashed to your Infinix Hot 2 X510 (Do not interrupt flashing)
- A progress bar should start running. Make sure you don’t tamper with the usb at this point.
- The Sp flashtool will display a success message like this if all went well.
- After that confirmation, close the Spflash tool. Disconnect the phone and switch it on. It will take some minutes for it to boot up completely.
- If the phone gets stuck at the boot animation, take out the battery and slot it back in. Now power it on, then leave the phone to boot up normally.