Hello! It’s been a little while since I said something pertaining to the Infinix Hot 2 X510 AndroidOne.
Now, incase you can’t tolerate all these issues since no bug fixing update is coming and would like to go back to your roots, I have put together a tutorial on how to easily downgrade your Infinix hot 2 back to Android 5.1 or 5.0 stock OS.
Before you proceed, please back up your files and documents to avoid frowning later. Here we go!!!
Steps To Successfully Downgrade Your Infinix Hot 2 From Marshmallow to Lollipop
- Navigate to the SP flash tool folder
- Right click and Run the SP flash tool.exe as admin
- Click on scatter loading. Navigate to the Infinix Hot2 X510 rom folder and select the ” MT6580_Android_scatter.txt “
- On the left hand side just below the ‘scatter loading’ panel, click on ‘download now’, then change it to ‘firmware upgrade’
- Now click on Download.
- Switch off your Phone (make sure it has more than 50% charge) and connect it to your PC using a good USB cord.
- A progress bar should start running. The phone will be downgraded on booting. Make sure you don’t tamper with the USB at this point.
- The SP flashtool will display a success message like this if all went well.
- After that confirmation, close the Sp flashtool. Disconnect the phone and switch it on. It will take some minutes before the setup is complete.
- Finally, go to Settings >> About, to confirm that your Infinix Hot 2 is now running on Android 5.0 or 5.1 depending on the Rom you flashed.
Note If you accidentally lose your IMEI number, don’t panic ok. Here is how to change or fix invalid imei number on MTK Phones.