Hello Infinix Hot 2 X510 user. The infinix Hot 2 X510 has been out for a long time now, launched with Android 5.1.1. So many people have received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update and are bouncing happily with it.
Well, for those that are just getting the Infinix Hot 2 X510 recently, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgrade isn’t forthcoming due to some flaws experienced on some of the Infinix Hot 2 X510 phones. Because of this, the Marshmallow update will be available when everything is fixed and stable.
But the goodnews is that, you can get android 6 Marshmallow on your Infinix Hot 2 X510 without waiting for the OTA update to popup. No need to wait forever.
How To Upgrade Infinix Hot 2 X510 To Android 6 (Marshmallow )
Note: It’s very important to make sure your Infinix Hot 2 X510 isn’t rooted before going on with the updating process. To make sure everything is really set, please do follow this steps and you will end up smiling like never before.
You will need to flash the Infinix Hot 2 X510 stock firmware.
Download Infinix Hot 2 X510 Android 5.1 firmware and flash it via sp flashtool.
After extracting and loading the scater file in sp flashtool, Select firmware upgrade option in sp flashtool, then click on the Download button to start.
- Now Connect the switched off phone to your PC.
When the flashing ends with a success notification, remove and reinsert the battery. Power it on and leave it to boot completely.
- When done, goto your about phone and download the updates that will come up. About two updates with 65mb and 10mb respectively. Install all the updates.
UPGRADING INFINIX HOT 2 X510 ( 1GB And 2GB RAM) TO ANDROID 6 (MARSHMALLOW)
- Infinix Hot 2 X510 Marshmallow OTA update – Download
- Copy it to your Memory card’s root folder.
- Now you need to install the Infinix Hot 2 X510 Android 6 Marshmallow update via Recovery.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options. If you cant find Developer options, goto your about phone and tap on the build number 5 times. Go back and you will find developer options.
- Download the adb and fastboot file folder below, extract and paste it anywhere you wish.
- Adb and Fastboot – Download
- Open the extracted folder.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, right click and select Open Command Window Here
- Now type this in the command prompt window and press enter.
If your device’s Id shows, type this and press enter again.
- Your phone will boot into recovery showing an android logo with No command written on it.
- Now, Press the power button followed by the volume up button. Leave the both of them at the same time.
- You should now be in the full recovery menu.
- Use volume up and down to scroll, power button to select.
- Scroll down and select Apply update from SD Card.
- Go to to the Infinix Hot 2 X510 Marshmallow OTA update.zip file and select it. The phone will start checking your file system before proceeding with the installation.
- When done, select reboot system.
Now, please relax and wait for the installation of the Infinix Hot 2 X510 Marshmallow update to complete. It will probably take some time to roundup. Make sure your battery is above 50% before proceeding with the Infinix update installation.
After the installation, go to your about phone and check it out. Got issues, please let us know via the comment box.