How To Change / Fix Unknown IMEI On Infinix Hot 2 X510 AndroidOne
One of the most popular and powerful tools for tweaking MTK devices as well as changing IMEI has recently been upgraded to an all new version.
This new version is packed with lots of tools and tweaks. The user interface is really pleasant and easy to use.
- ToolHero shows extensive information about your MediaTek android device.
- Has engineering mode with extra features
- Comes with a junk cleaner that works pretty well.
- Mobile speed and performance accelerator.
- Has a two-dimensional barcode scanner.
- Root crack feature
- A powerful IMEI editing tool
- Adds a forum
- Ability to download lots of free apps, mostly from Chinese developers.
- Uninstall apps easily.
- Manage autostart apps and save Battery life.
- Updates itself without issues.
- Download, backup and install different recoveries online easily.
- Has a great search option.
- Can share app to friends too to let them know.
- Can change IMEI on all MTK devices including those with the latest Android OS e.g Infinix Hot 2
- ToolHero updates regularly.
- Plus other exciting features.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR IMEI NUMBER ON ANY MTK ANDROID PHONE USING TOOLHERO
ToolHero was so helpful to me in several cases where other techniques failed. I was able to fix Unknown IMEI or Invalid IMEI on so many MTK devices using the ToolHero app including my Infinix Hot 2 X510.
Note: You need a rooted device to enable
You need a rooted device to enable you to edit your phone’s IMEI number.
You can root your Android or MTK device using Kingroot APK or iRoot on your Pc.
- Open the ToolHero app on your rooted MTK Android phone.
- Click on Engineering Mode.
- In the options, choose Super engineering mode.
- Tap on Connectivity, CDS Information and finally Radio Information.
- Select the Sim you wish to change its default IMEI.
- PHONE 1 is Sim 1 and PHONE 2 is SIM 2.
- Now you will see an AT+ written at the top, tap the end and add the line: EGMR=1,7,”NEW SIM 1 IMEI” or EGMR=1,10,”NEW SIM 2 IMEI” depending on the SIM and tap on Send Command.
If it says Command not accepted in user build, please insert a space after the AT+
Now you’re done. You just have to restart the phone and then to check your android phone’s new IMEI by pressing *#06# on your dialer.
ToolHero supports both older and newer MTK devices with stubborn processors. E.g of the supported devices are Gionee P5w, Infinix Hot 2 X510, Tecno Camon C5, Camon C8, Tecno J5, Tecno Phantom 5, Gionee Marathon M5 etc.
USE CHAMELEPHON APK TO CHANGE MTK ANDROID IMEI
[E.G INFINIX HOT 2]
Chamelephon is my favorite because it’s very fast and easy to use. The only issue some people might complain about is that, you must have a rooted device before you can use Chamelephon app on your supported MTK Android phone.
If you really want to try my favorite IMEI changer, below are the instructions.
- Root your Infinix Hot 2 or MediaTek smartphone.
- Install Chamelephon apk from Google Play store and launch it after installation.
- Grant Chamelephon Super User privileges by tapping Grant
- You should now be on the home screen of the app. There you should find two boxes to type in or generate a valid IMEI.
- Input the correct IMEI Numbers (on the back of the phone after taking out the battery) or tap the Generate Random IMEIs and click Apply New IMEIs.
- Once prompted to confirm changing of IMEI, tap Change
- Reboot the phone to finalize the IMEI changes.
I took my time to make this MTK IMEI changing tutorial as easy as ABC. But if you find anything complicated or not working as you expected, just let me know via the comments box.