How To Root Tecno C8, J5, C5, L5 & Phantom 5
I recently stumbled upon the newly launched Tecno smartphones and tried to root them. Actually, it took me some time to figure out the way through. These phones come with a kind of stubborn firmware against root. All the same, gaining root is possible on these smartphones.
Rooting your new smartphone can be cool you know. It gives you the ability to Backup your ROM, tweak the IMEI, installs custom ROMs, use cool fonts etc.
So below are the easiest methods to get root access on these devices.
How To Root Tecno Camon C8, Tecno Camon C5, Tecno Phantom 5, Tecno Boom J5 And Tecno L5
You can root any of the above phones with the most recent Kingroot app. Rooting your Tecno phone with Kingroot will not alter your stock recovery but will only enable root access permissions on your phone.
The second method offers root and a custom recovery. This method will install a new recovery to your phone so as to enable you flash the SuperSU app to gain root access on your device.
INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL TWRP AND FLASH SuperSu.zip
- Download SuperSu v2.46 zip file and save it in the root of your internal storage. (Not inside a folder)
- Now download TWRP recovery for your exact phone model via below link. Download TWRP for Tecno C8, J5, L5 and Phantom 5 here.
- Now, unzip the TWRP zip file you just downloaded and paste it on your computer.
- Extract the zip package.
You need to flash the TWRP recovery image to the phone using Sp flash tool.
- Now that you understand where we are heading to, download Sp flashtool and Install Mediatek USB VCOM drivers on your PC.
To flash the TWRP recovery via Sp flashtool, follow these steps
- Extract and open the Sp flash tool folder, launch sp flashtool.
- Click on scatter loading and locate the TWRP folder, select the MT65…. android scatter.txt
- It will then load the recovery image in the Sp flashtool tool.
- Click on download.
- Now connect your phone(powered off) to the computer via a good usb cable.
- A progress bar will start running until it shows download completed. Now disconnect the phone.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing the volume up & power button simultaneously.
- You should now have TWRP installed on your phone.
FLASH SuperSU.zip TO GET ROOT ACCESS ON YOUR TECNO PHONE
#Note.. If you get a message like in the picture below, please swipe right to allow TWRP modify the system partition of your phone.
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install.
- It will now open your file manager.
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSu.zip you downloaded, select the zip file to install it.
- When the installation is done, Reboot the phone.
Well done, your phone is now rooted and ready to show you what it has got. You can install Root checker APK to verify that you have root access on your phone.