How To Install Spreadtrum USB Drivers On A Windows Pc
Spreadtrum Android phones like itel are really gaining grounds in the smartphone world. Although, there might not have all the jaw dropping specs, but like other brands, they are increasing daily in popularity.
Every Andriod device sometimes encounter software issues which will amount to flashing. Before flashing any device via your computer, you must install the phone’s USB drivers to the PC which will serve as a middleman between your phone and the PC. Installing Spreadtrum USB drivers has some important steps to follow.
Requirements To Install Spreadtrum USB drivers
- First of all, disable signature verification on your PC. For Windows 8.1 or 10 Check Here.
- Spreadtrum drivers – Download
- SCI Android USB Driver Jungo V4 – Download
- You might also need to install ADB / Fastboot drivers on your PC.
PROCEDURE TO INSTALL SPREADTRUM USB DRIVERS ON WINDOWS
- Unzip all the downloaded zip files to get their content.
- In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager
- Click any of the device groups (any of the items on the list) you see there, then from Action menu at the top, select Add legacy hardware
- The Add hardware wizard will be launched, click Next
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click Next
- Select Show All Devices and then, Click Next
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse… and locate where your driver’s .inf file is located(from the Spreadtrum Drivers folder you unpacked), then select it (Spreadtrum Drivers > SciU2S > x86 for 32bit or x64 for 64bit PC respectively > driver > SciU2S.inf)
- Click Open and OK. You will see the drivers listed.
- Select your driver (SCI Android USB2Serial) then click Next.
- Click Next.
- Signature verification? Select Install this driver software anyway.
- The Installation will begin.
- Click Finish when done.
- Your drivers should now appear on the list. Repeat the procedure for Spreadtrum Drivers > google-usb_driver > android_winusb.inf
- Go to C: / Users/your-user-directory/.android/adb_usb.ini and open with any text editor like notepad or notepad++ (if you can’t find the file then download it here and place it in the directory)
- Add the following on a new line.
- Connect the phone to PC without the battery inside, (switched off is fine if the battery is not removable) and Windows will install some additional drivers.
- You now have Spreadtrum USB drivers installed on your PC and you can connect SPD devices without issues.