HOW TO EASILY REMOVE QUICK EDIT ICONS IN BLOGGER
Quick edit is a very nice feature that makes editing documents easy and snappy. Its mainly for the blog’s admin. While these feature is essential to the admin, it serves no use to the viewer who just has to read the article on the blog. Quick edit buttons appear on widgets, blog posts etc to make editing easy so you don’t have to search for the widgets to edit them.
Like I said, the weird part is that, this feature is sometimes seen by both the admins and viewers. This feature, if visible to all, has a negative impact on your blog readers, SEO and the attractiveness of your blog. Now lets get straight to the point.
HOW TO REMOVE QUICK EDIT AND WRENCH ICONS IN BLOGGER
If you no longer wish to use quick edit or see it on your blog’s template, here is a permanent way to remove it. I do this each time I add something new to my blog.
- Go to your blogger dashboard.
- Login and click on the blog you wish to edit.
- Select Template under more options.
- Click on edit HTML.
- When it loads, put your cursor anywhere in the html screen. Now press CTRL+F to enable search.
- Inside the search box, type quickedit and press enter.
- Now look for this code
and delete every instance of it.
- You can search again to find and delete more.
- Save your template and enjoy your blog free from the not good looking quick edit and wrench icons.
- Always do this after adding stuffs like widgets to your blog or if you see quick edit and Wrench icons on blogger pages.
Liked the post? Please share.